U.S. Coast Guard Station Fairport
Grand River, Ohio, USA
Since 1876, the U.S. Coast Guard Fairport Station in Grand River, Ohio, has supported operations on the banks of Lake Erie. Once the Coast Guard noticed the cost to maintain this historical station outweighed the cost of a new facility, they selected Haskell to design and construct a new station, boathouse and significant waterfront improvements.
Crewmembers of the Fairport Station have been responsible for patrolling the waters of Lake Erie and providing multi-mission services for years. In order to maintain these operations during demolition, relocation and construction, Haskell established temporary facilities to ensure operations remained uninterrupted while maintaining all services.
In addition to delivering a new Station Building and Boathouse, Haskell also redeveloped the existing site to include a new boat haul-out, finger piers, a floating dock and travel lift. The new LEED Silver facility now enables crewmembers to protect U.S. borders and continue life-saving operations while reducing their energy foot print.