West Jordan, UT - The Haskell Company, a design-build firm in Jacksonville, FL, announced the completion of a new dry sausage processing plant in West Jordan, Utah produced for OSI Group of Aurora, Illinois. The facility is the first dry sausage processing plant constructed in theU.S. in over twenty years.
The 50,000 SF, state-of-the-art facility, located next to the existing beef and pork processing facility, will produce pepperoni, Genoa salami and other dry sausage products for both the foodservice and retail industries. The West Jordan facility is one of the most modern facilities of its kind utilizing the latest processing technology to ensure product consistency and quality, as well as industry-leading food safety.
Key Project Features:
- 50,000 SF refrigerated expansion
- 244,000 CF of dry sausage process cabinet capacity
- Capacity for an additional 50,000 CF of process cabinets
- Fast-track schedule - building construction completed in 6 months
- 9 months from contract award to product start-up
- Continuous value engineering with the project delivered under budget
- All structural and miscellaneous steel fabricated by Haskell Steel
- 40,000 SF of resinous flooring
- Unique exoskeleton and walk-on ceiling to minimize exposed interior structural members
- All utilities and mechanical equipment on the roof or above the ceiling so maintenance can be performed without interrupting production
- All product moved by computer-controlled Automated Guidance Vehicles (AGVs)
- Designed to comply with USDA, cGMPs and AMI Sanitary Design Guidelines
- Designed using the latest 3D modeling software (Revit)
- Custom engineered, fast-acting fabric doors actuated by AGV system
- Central ammonia refrigeration system
Haskell, one of the industry’s leading integrated design, engineering and construction firms, offers client-focused solutions in the commercial, industrial and civic infrastructure markets. With more than $550 million in annual revenue and 1,500 completed projects to date, Haskell serves a multinational client base from strategic points across the United States and in Mexico.